Presbyterian Women and Men
PURPOSE - Presbyterian Women
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study.
- to support the mission of the church worldwide.
- to work for justice and peace.
- and to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God's kingdom.
The Presbyterian Women of the Congregation of First Presbyterian Skaneateles includes all women of the church for the purpose of nurture and outreach. New members are always welcome in our meeting groups or Circles. We have a morning and an afternoon Circle that meet on the first Thursday of each month and an evening circle which has flexible meeting dates and times.
The Mission Giving of PW includes Fellowship of the Least Coin, Birthday Offering and the Thank Offering. For more information on the national organization Presbyterian Women, visit the PW website.
PURPOSE - Presbyterian Men
- to strengthen men's understanding of the church
- to asssist congregations in nurturing men to mature discipleship
- to encourage men in the church through their commitment to Christ
- to nurture men in their ministry to which they are called in their families, work, and ministry in their community and in the world
- and to involve men of various racial/ethnic backgrounds and ages together in Christian fellowship, mission and worship.
The Presbyterian Men of our Congregation offer many breakfasts, brunches, picnics, tree trimmings, blood drives and service projects in wonderful fellowship.
On the third Sunday of every month the group prepares and serves a pancake brunch to the entire congregation following worship, and these social events include presentations on Christian Education and other related topics of interest. Larry Weiss regularly presents talks at the men's brunches. You may view his presentations on spirituality at his website.
For more information the national organization Presbyterian Men (USA), visit their home page.